Login to Submit
CELEBRATING EXCELLENCE FOR OVER FOUR DECADES
Now in its 43rd year, the International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) is one of the longest running and most highly prized design awards programs in existence. Originally founded to recognize exceptional achievement in industrial design, the program has since grown to highlight design in many connected disciplines across 20 awards categories. This program endures because thousands of designers and business leaders around the world believe in its value, provenance, and prestige.
IDEA recognizes products and services that encourage, inspire, and push industry forward. We promote innovation and excellence. We encourage an in-depth and forward-thinking process. Ultimately, we honor great design that brings real benefit to users, clients, and society.
All IDEA entries are judged across the following criteria: Design Innovation, Benefit to User, Benefit to Client/Brand, Benefit to Society, Appropriate Aesthetics
IDEA 2023 entry period has concluded.
Log in to view your completed entries.
ROUND 1 DEADLINES
HOW TO ENTER
Entries selected by our judges to advance to Round 2 as finalists will be notified by April 10, 2023. A separate entry fee will apply to continue in the competition. See complete Pricing & Deadlines details here.
Participation in IDEA 2023 is open to professional and student designers worldwide. In order to be eligible, entries must have been placed into distribution / completed between March 1, 2021 and March 1, 2023. See complete Rules & Regulations here.
Gather the entry materials listed below and submit your entry before March 10, 2023.
IDSA members recieve exclusive discounted entry rates for IDEA 2023. Not a member? Click here to join.
INFORMATION YOU’LL NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR ENTRY
- Written statements describing:
- An overview of what the entry is - including key features, functionality, or other details that make this entry a unique product on the market. (150 words or less)
- Design innovation - detailing how the entry is a new or novel product, service, or experience. What critical problem does it solve and what is the solution it presents? (250 words or less)
- Benefit to user - detailing ways that the end-user benefits from using this design. If applicable, include how this design helps the user accomplish new tasks or otherwise improves their daily life. (250 words or less)
- Benefit to client/brand - detailing the business impact of this design. If applicable, include how leveraging design has proven to be a key market differentiator from a business perspective. (250 words or less)
- Benefit to society - detailing how this entry considers social, cultural, and environmental factors. If applicable, include details of this design that apply to its impact on the world. (250 words or less)
- Appropriate aesthetics - describe how the final form of the design relates and responds to its use and/or function. If applicable, include how colors, materials, and finishes are effectively used or how aspects of manufacturing influenced its form. (250 words or less)
- List of primary materials used in the manufacturing of the entry
- Retail price and physical dimensions of the entry
- Up to 5 high resolution images of the entry
- Optional - a video showcasing the entry features, functionality, and design
- Name of designer(s) and company / design firm who created the entry (Entered during Round Two)
For complete program details, visit IDSA.org/IDEA